At Geely Design Center Gothenburg, there is a fire and evacuation alarm system to ensure that in case of emergency or fire, everyone affected in the building will be alerted in time.
It is important to know that the alarm is sequenced, meaning that only directly affected and adjacent areas will sound the fire and evacuation alarm. This is to avoid a mass evacuation of the building.
- Alarm from 1 detector within floor 0 only activates the evacuation alarm within floor 0
- Alarm from 2 detectors also activates levels 1–3 and a spoken evacuation alarm.
- Alarm from detector floor 1–3 activates evacuation alarm within floors 1–3 as well as spoken evacuation alarm.
- Alarm from detectors within floors 4–4.5 only activates evacuation alarm within floors 4–4.5
- Aspirations system is activated evacuation alarm within floor 1–4.5
- Alarms in stairwells, lift, shafts and fire protection panels (BFT) activate evacuation alarms on all floors.
- Alarm within the aspirations system in the light yard activates the evacuation alarm within floor 1–4.5
- Detectors within stairwells and elevator shafts and alarm buttons at BFT activate evacuation alarm on all floors.
- Elevators will move to the ground floor where they will remain until reset.